Monday, September 5, 2011

Web 2.0 and Learning 7 1/2 Thoughts by Ruth

As part of a class I am taking, we were asked to review the Seven and a Half Habits of the Life Long Learner. These Habits were as Follows:

Begin With the End in Mind
Accept Responsibility for your own Learning
View Problems as Challenges
Have Confidence in Yourself as a Learner
Create your own Learning Toolbox
Use Technology to your Advantage
Teach and Mentor Others
Play


Furthermore, we were asked to discuss which of these habits would be easiest and which would be hardest for us to implement in our lives.  I think that it will be an adjustment for me to have confidence in my ability as a learner. I have been noticing that recently it has been harder for me to believe in my abilities to stay excited and confident as a learner. There is so much out there to learn, and the older I get the more I begin to realize that I know very little of what I want to know.It seems like an uphill climb these days to become a confident learner, but I will have to begin to view this mindset as either wholly negative or as a challenge and opportunity to my further development as a student.
I believe that it will be more natural to me to find ways to create learning tools and use those that already exist. It is a brave new world out there and help can be one desk, or one click, or one book away.

1 comment:

  1. "There is so much out there to learn, and the older I get the more I begin to realize that I know very little of what I want to know."

    I understand (or think I understand) what you mean completely. Every day I find myself not knowing enough about what I want to know. I often struggle not to become embarrassed of my lack of knowledge, but instead proud of my desire to know more. When I'm feeling particularly pessimistic, I feel defeated by how much there is to learn and how little time there is to learn it. But I think this is a much better approach to take than to assume I know everything.

    ReplyDelete